The prospect of grappling with property law can seem a little daunting, especially if you have had little experience of handling it yourself in the past or are unsure how your particular needs are to be met. Our residential conveyancing team are highly experienced in dealing with property law, and have been involved in the full breadth of conveyancing transactions. They can assist you with the following:
- Getting onto the property ladder – see our NEW first time buyer property guide here
- Residential conveyancing including buying or selling a house in the UK – our solicitors are often called upon to handle the entire transaction, regardless as to whether it is a property purchase or sale. We are also very familiar with the paperwork that needs to be completed, and will be happy to organise this for our clients.
- Financing and sale of properties across the complete housing sector – in particular, high value property transactions, new builds, and country properties. The team here at Lewis Nedas have particular experience in clearly setting out the different options available for property financing.
We understand that some clients may have more complicated legal affairs which merit more specialised attention. Our housing solicitors and residential property lawyers have developed a particular expertise in many areas of property law, including:
- Freehold and leasehold sales - each of these carries specific kinds of legal rights and obligations which can have a significant impact on people. We advise on what each of these mean
- Leasehold enfranchisement – this can involve a very long process of getting permissions from various bodies, and collating a number of pieces of paperwork. We have specialist knowledge of this field, and will be able to advise on how best to carry this out.
- Transfers of equity – we are often involved in advising clients on the viability of equity release schemes, and how and if they can be used to realise client’s hopes.
- Financing and re-mortgaging – our team understand that clients may be very unsure of the consequences that flow from re-mortgaging a property, and have many years of experience in helping clients understand these.
We appreciate that residential conveyancing can be difficult to understand at times. At Lewsi Nedas, we aim to deliver a service that is both professional but accessible to our clients. We are here to help.
Got a question about property or conveyancing? For our conveyancing FAQ page click here. - See more here.
The purchase of a new home is likely to be the biggest purchase that someone will make in their lives. As a result it is important that you work with an experienced solicitor that will be able to guide you through the process of taking ownership of the property.
Here we provide an overview of what the process of buying a new home involves.
What is Involved?
- You need to take the time to find a property that best fits your needs: the environment, the size and most importantly, the price.
- When you find a property that reflects your requirements, you need to consider how best to finance the property. There are two options: get a mortgage; fund the purchase from your own finances.
- You will need to find out as much information about the property as possible, including details on: the condition of the property; and any legalities that may interfere with your ability to enjoy or add to the property.
- You must ensure that the relevant paperwork is completed timeously, and deliver full payment of the property before you take ownership of it.
Here at Lewis Nedas, we have a dedicated team of Property lawyers who will be able to deal with each stage of the process of buying a new home. They will be able to advise you on the options available to fund the purchase, interpret the meaning of any limitations on your right to ownership, and will work in partnership with you to ensure that the purchase is completed quickly and in a professional manner. If you have any questions regarding the law and buying your new home, please contact us.