Getting older should mean less stress, more security and more time to do what you want. Don't let legal issues stand in the way.
Estate Planning and Asset Preservation - Advice for the Elderly
We can advise on all possible legal aspects of getting older, from writing a will, setting up a trust or making financial arrangements to make your autumn years easier. We also know how important it is to look after your family. That’s why our family private client department specialises in estate planning and asset preservation. Please contact us for advice on getting your affairs in order, including:
- Organising financial affairs and asset preservation
- Inheritance tax planning
- Creating or changing a will
- Creating a trust
- Making gifts
- Protecting your cohabiting partner’s rights
- Probate and administration of an estate
Powers of Attorney, Living Wills & Care Contracts
Having a detailed plan in place can be a great relief for both you and your family, but preparing for how your affairs will be dealt with should you be unable to deal with them yourself also lightens the burden if decisions need to be made on your behalf. We can also help with:
- Creating a power of attorney
- Creating a living will
- Long-term care contracts and fees
- Planning for end of life care and benefits
Please contact our expert private client lawyers, who can help you to protect your wishes and assets by preparing ahead of time.
Retain or Reinstate Your Driving Licence
Upon reaching the age of 70, it is necessary to reapply for a driving licence and to then reapply every three years. Individuals with certain medical conditions, such as arthritis, also have to comply with specific requirements to keep their driving licence. Staying independent is understandably a concern of many of our older clients. At Lewis Nedas, our expert motoring offence lawyers can help you retain or reinstate your driving licence.
Elderly Care Lawyers - Advice for Family Members
We can also help relatives who are concerned about an ageing family member or have questions about the best way to protect a loved one who is getting older. From assistance with nursing home contracts and fees to powers of attorney and court of protection orders, our specialist elderly care solicitors will identify the best tools and solutions to suit the needs of your unique family.
At Lewis Nedas Law, our lawyers will always put your family member’s best interests first. Please contact us for sound guidance in the following areas:
- Dealing with nursing home or other long-term care contracts and fees
- Preserving your family member’s assets
- Dealing with local authorities
- Protecting or selling your family member’s home
- Protecting your loved one in private nursing home care
- Preventing extortion of your older loved one
- Creating or changing a will
- Drawing up powers of attorney
- Implementing court of protection orders
Our team of lawyers, based in London will be by your side every step of the way, answering your questions and providing you with personalised service.