If you or your company are contemplating civil litigation, it is usually as a last resort, and means that all attempts to settle or ADR (alternative dispute resolution) have failed.
You will need to instruct a specialist team of civil litigators with strong, broad, highly honed negotiation/litigation skills, lengthy experience, commercial acumen, and a successful track record. Thankfully, you have found such a team.
Our specialist civil litigation team (all of whom are City firm trained) punches well above its weight and acts for a whole range of individuals and companies both in the UK and abroad.
We understand just how stressful and frustrating litigation can be, and we offer a personal, supportive service led by directors and senior specialist lawyers. We pride ourselves upon our fast, honest, direct, responses; our availability to our clients; our cost-aware, time-efficient approach; and our highly effective and successful Letters before Action.
We specialise in the following:
- Asset tracing
- Asset freezing
- Business Dispute Resolution
- Civil Asset Recovery for Victims of Crime
- Commercial/contractual disputes
- Company/shareholder disputes
- Construction disputes
- Contentious tax
- Defamation and libel (including internet libel and defamation)
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputed Wills/Probate
- Early Neutral Evaluation
- Fraud Recovery
- Injunctions (including Mareva) and other urgent remedies
- Injunctive Relief (Freezing Orders and Search and Seizure Orders)
- Insolvency Litigation
- International commercial disputes
- Jurisdiction and Cross-Border
- Partnership disputes
- Passing off
- Pre-Action Conduct
- Property Litigation
- Responding to a Claim
- Security for Costs
- Starting a Claim
- Suing professionals in negligence/breach of contract
A major consideration for any client concerns the issue of funding litigation. Sometimes the recoverable costs involved outweigh the sum in dispute.
There are, thankfully, a whole raft of alternative funding schemes available e.g. director's legal insurance, CFAs (conditional fee arrangements), discounted CFAs, legal expenses insurance (often covered in household insurance and company insurance schemes), fixed fee, or third party funding.
You will find that our fees are highly competitive and reasonable in any event.
If you are involved in a dispute or have been threatened with legal action, you need expert advice. Our solicitors have decades of experience advising and representing clients across the full spectrum of legal areas. See the links below for more.
Our Specialist Lawyers
Our expert solicitor in this area is: Ian Coupland
Contact our Court Lawyers in Central London, North London
With offices in Camden and Mayfair, we represent and advise businesses in Central London, West London, North London and across the UK.
Recent Notable Trial Successes And Instructions For Ian Coupland, Head Of Commercial & Litigation At Lewis Nedas Law
- Successfully acted for Estate Agent company in a 6 day Trial against former Partner who tried to take both clients and approx. £300K worth of income for work done and obtained an Indemnity costs order.
- Successfully acted for one of the largest UK Logistics companies in a 3 day Trial to recover approx. £200K from a Customer for breach of contract.
- Successfully acted for a Solar Panel company in a 3 day Trial recovering approx. £150K from its agent who had tried to get payment direct from the Customer.
- Acting for a Biomedical Engineering company in a £7m breach of contract claim against an American worldwide manufacturing company which has involved both Mediation and High Court proceedings.
- Acting for the Founder and Main Shareholder of a Podcast company in an Employment and £9m Share Valuation dispute who has been unfairly dismissed.
- Acting for an investor who is seeking to recover approx. £400K paid to a company based on misrepresentations which includes an application for pre-action disclosure to the High Court.
- Acting for a Canadian company who is claiming the return of £350K wrongly paid by an FX company to an unauthorised 3rd party.
- Acting for a Commercial Landlord in London who is seeking to recover approx. £500K from Tenant and Personal Guarantors.
- Acting for a Freehold Company in Central London in Forfeiture Proceedings against the Leaseholder.
- Acting for a new Residential Property owner in possession proceedings against previous owner.
- Acting for a Commercial Scaffolding company in opposing Possession Proceedings brought by its Landlord.
- Acting for a Central London Residential Tenant in dispute with Landlord over Licence to Alter.
- Acting for a Dubai based company in property dispute with UK Trustee in Bankruptcy.
- Acting for a Saudi Arabian based family in Probate dispute in relation to UK assets.
- Acting for a Textile Company in professional negligence claim against financial advisors and negotiations with HMRC.
- Acting for an individual in professional negligence against a Solicitors firm over the failure to be given proper Independent Legal Advice.
- Acting for US based service providers in chasing monies due from UK company.
- Acting for a UK company in dispute with Australian based IT service provider.
- Acting for one of the Partners in a long running Property Partnership dispute.
- Acting for a professional firm in relation to a delivery up of documents claim by a Trustee in Bankruptcy.
- Acting for the main Shareholder and Creditor in putting a Bathroom and Kitchen company into Administration.
- Acting for a Legal Charge holder to appoint a Receiver to recover monies due.
- Acting for an ex-wife in Bankruptcy Proceedings against former husband.