We have seven members of the team who may work on your matter. Regardless of who works on your matter, they will be supervised by Miles Herman, Director and Partner and Head of the Criminal Department
Jeffrey Lewis – Director
Jeffrey is the remaining founding Director of the practice, which he established over 34 years ago with Stephanie Nedas.
He trained in a well-known City law practice and after a period working for an excellent West End firm of solicitors, decided to set up his own firm with Stephanie. Before that he had spent a number of years working in the City as an investment analyst, working with some of the leading trading houses at the time. He wanted to have a firm that embodied the high standards and commercial acumen of any typical City firm, but outside the City (and the consequent overheads) offering legal services at competitive and reasonable priced levels.
Miles Herman – Director
Miles is the head of the criminal law department and has over 26 years of experience with conduct of a wide variety of criminal matters with particular emphasis on large scale fraud and serious crime.
Miles trained at specialist criminal law firm Robin Murray & Co before qualifying in 1994, he joined us in as assistant solicitor in 1992
and became Partner in 1998 and finally a director in 2016n
Unan Choudhury – Partner
Unan has over 12 years of experience, having trained with the firm. He specialises in the defence of serious criminal and fraud allegations, such as: terrorism, money laundering, murder, kidnap, extradition, sexual offences, human and drugs trafficking, POCA, fraud - in fact the complete remit of criminal offences and now heads our East London office
Sean Reilly – Partner
With 20 years' legal practice experience behind him, together with his own independent commercial interests, Sean brings a myriad of experience and commercial acumen with him.
His areas of practice include the successful defence of general serious crime, fraud, instigating private prosecutions on behalf of a variety of businesses, defending sports (criminal, regulatory and disciplinary) proceedings across the entire sports spectrum, defending numerous clients within the waste disposal and scrap metal industry (again facing either criminal or regulatory proceedings), and those within the private security industry facing similar issues.
He has, along with his brother James, a healthy, buoyant client base in both Oxford and London and have high acquittal and success rates.
Keith Wood – Partner
Keith has over 20 years experience, he qualified in 1996 and worked as an assistant solicitor at Lewis Nedas before being made a partner in 2010.
He has defended many high profile and complex prosecution brought by SFO; FCA; Special Casework CPS; SOCA; City of London Fraud Squad.
Richard Demczak – Partner
Richard has over 10 years experience within the field of criminal defence practice, spanning the complete remit of Criminal Law.
He practices in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts, as well as in the Military Tribunals (Court Martial).
A thorough, energetic, diligent, committed and proactive Criminal defence expert, he has an enviable acquittal and overall success rate who heads up our Oxford office
Tony Meisels – Partner
Tony has been with Lewis Nedas Law since 1992, qualifying as a solicitor with the firm and becoming a partner in 2003. In 2006 Tony obtained his Higher Rights of Audience.
As an experienced criminal solicitor, Tony has handled an extremely broad range of matters including murder, fraud, people trafficking, serious sexual offences, drugs importation and supply, violent disorder, child abduction and VAT evasion.
In recent years, Tony has developed an expertise in defending in historic sex offences cases and also prosecutions for indecent and extreme pornographic images. Through involvement in such matters, Tony has amassed considerable knowledge of ancillary orders including Sexual Harm Prevention Orders (SHPOs), foreign travel bans and registration on the Sex Offenders Register.
We also employ paralegals who do much of the day to day work on cases, although they are not legally qualified they have between 2 and 10 years experience, they have all received extensive training within our firm and work under direct supervision of a solicitor with at lea
We have a proven track record in achieving successful outcomes for our clients.
Motoring Offences (Fixed Fee)
Drink driving offence, guilty plea – fixed fee of between £750 plus VAT and £1250 plus VAT depending on court location.
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost dependant on the complexity of the case and the level of fee earner dealing with the matter..
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.