The team has over 30 years of collective experience in dealing with high quality work in all matters relating to probate and estate matters.
There are three members of the team who may work on your behalf :
Richard McConnell - Director
Myles Reback - Consultant Solicitor
Anita Kumrai - Solicitor
Probate ( uncontested cases with all assets in the UK )
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. We will also undertake the collecting and distributing of assets.
How much does this service cost?
Obtaining the Grant of Probate where no Inheritance tax is payable £875 plus vat
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 3-6 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 3 months. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 3- 6 months. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 2 months.
Probate (Where inheritance tax is payable and assets are in UK and non contested estates)
Our fees are likely to be in the range of £1,500 to £3,500 plus vat to Obtain Probate.
- Valuing the estate assets
- Preparing the inheritance tax forms
- Release of funds to pay inheritance tax
- Filing receipt with the probate registry and obtaining the Grant
POST Grant Work
Once probate is obtained we charge an hourly rate of £275 plus vat.
The work includes:
- Collecting in the assets
- Paying liabilities
- Finalising the inheritance tax payable
- Advice on advertising creditors
- Transfer of property (as separate quote will be provided by our conveyancing team)
- Estate accounts
- Distribution of the estate to beneficiaries
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Disbursements fees (see non taxable estate figures) as outlined above
Disbursements not included in the Probate process which are additional:
- Probate application fee of £155 plus 50p per sealed copy of the Grant
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- £250 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- £250 Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Taxable Estates – Post Grant
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 3-12 months.