The team has over 40 years of collective experience in dealing with high quality work in all matters relating to probate and estate matters.
There are three members of the team who may work on your behalf :
Richard McConnell – Director Head of Department and Supervisor.
Myles Reback - Consultant Solicitor. 27 years qualified as a solicitor and specialising in private client law. With emphasis on high net worth individuals and associated trust work £275 per hour plus VAT.
On average estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 3 to 12 months.
|Up to £5,000.||£950 plus VAT.|
|Over £5,000 up to £1,000,000||£2000-£3,500 plus VAT.|
|Estate value over 1 million but no IHT due to spousal charity exemption||£3,500-£5,500 plus VAT.|
|Estate subject to inheritance tax|
|Our approximate fee. Range.||£5,500 to £7,500.|
If the estate is fairly simple e.g. one property and one bank account, then expect to pay at the lower end of this range. For more complicated estates then it will be towards the higher end.
- Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Disbursements fees (see non-taxable estate figures) as outlined above
- Disbursements not included in the Probate process which are additional:
- Probate application fee of £155 plus 1.50p per sealed copy of the Grant.
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- Valuations and surveys costs (optional) .Tracing missing beneficiaries if applicable.
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. We will also undertake the collecting and distributing of assets
- Obtaining instructions
- Reviewing relevant documents relating to the estate
- Writing to institutions to obtain date of death valuation is
- Checking all beneficiaries ID and addresses
- Valuing the estate assets and obtaining formal valuations where necessary
- Preparing the inheritance tax forms
- Release of funds to pay inheritance tax
- Filing receipt with the probate registry and obtaining the Grant
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 3-6 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 3 months. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 3- 6 months. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 2 months.
POST GRANT WORK
This work includes:-
- Registration of the grant of probate with the relevant institutions and requesting withdrawal and closure forms.
- Collecting in the assets.
- Paying liabilities & Debts.
- Finalising the inheritance tax payable
- Advice on advertising for Creditors and Claimants
- Transfer of property (as separate quote will be provided by our conveyancing team).
- Finalising the deceased’s tax.
- Obtaining clearance from CTO.
- HMRC re-income tax and capital gains tax ensuring this has been paid.
- Estate accounts.
- Making either interim or final distributions and any pecuniary legacies.