Our Conveyancing Team has over 60 years of collective experience in delivering a high quality service dealing with both freehold and leasehold transactions. This includes sales and purchases, mortgages and re-mortgages.
We have six members in the Department who may work on your matter, the Supervisor is Richard McConnell. The team is as follows:-
Richard McConnell - Director/Head of Department
Richard Greenby - Partner
Jeremy Galman - Partner
Naziana Ayed - Solicitor
Tia Lim-Watts - Trainee Solicitor
Navdeep Singh Shihn - Trainee Solicitor
You will have to budget for both our fees and disbursements which are incidental standard costs payable to third parties e.g. Local Authorities, Land Registry and Inland Revenue. We, as the acting Solicitors in the transaction, handle the disbursements on your behalf in order to ensure a smoother process
These are linked to the price or value of the property and in order to assist you the following table sets out our current fee structure. All fees are exclusive of VAT. We strive to ensure that you have the best possible information about the likely overall cost both at the time you instruct us and, when appropriate, as the matter progresses. In the majority of cases we act for any Lender/Mortgagee which you may have but should this not be the case, and we shall advise you as soon as we know, then an Additional Independent Lender Charge of £150 will apply
SALES AND PURCHASES
|Property Value||Freehold||Additional Leasehold Charge|
|Up to £400,000||£1025||£100|
|£400,000 to £600,000||£1075||£150|
|£600,000 to £800,000||£1275||£150|
|£800,000 to £1m||£1375||£200|
|£1m to £1,5m||£1875||£200|
|£1.5m to £2m||£2100||£200|
Over £2m we are happy to discuss and agree our fee.
MORTGAGES AND RE-MORTGAGES - £550
It is most important you appreciate that the above quotations are on the basis that the transaction proceeds in a timely manner with no unforeseen technical or other issues arising which result in unusually protracted correspondence. You will be advised of any unforeseen complexity arising at the very earliest opportunity. Most transactions completed within 4 to 16 weeks and for this reason we reserve the right to review our quotation if completion has not taken place within 6 months of initial instructions.
In addition we deal with shared ownership schemes, help to buy, new builds and problem-solving where property is involved and for these matters we are once again happy to agree fees
The standard disbursements anticipated for a purchase transaction are set out below. The list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the particular circumstances including referral fees about which you will be advised in our client care letter and indemnity policies if required.
Search fees Approx. £400- 500
Land Registry Search £4
Bankruptcy search per name £2
Bank transfer fee £21 plus VAT
Land Registry fee ranging between £20 and £910
Stamp Duty Land Tax – this is quite complicated to calculate. You can check the HMRC website or give us a call.
If a LEASEHOLD property there are additional disbursements as stipulated in the Lease. Notices of Transfer and Charge £35 to £200 per notice, Deeds of Covenant £50 to £350 and Certificates of Compliance £50 to £350
STAGES OF THE PROCESS
- Taking your instructions and providing initial advice
- Completing our AML checks
- Receiving the draft papers from the sellers solicitors
- Arranging all relevant searches
- Investigation of title and raising all relevant and additional enquiries
- Consideration of mortgage offer ( if relevant ) and survey
- Preparing for exchange of contracts and arranging for signing of the contract
- Exchange of contract
- Post exchange and pre completion work such as pre completion searches , drafting the transfer deed , raising requisitions on title , preparing completion statement and requesting the mortgage funds from the lender
- Arranging for signing of transfer deed and mortgage deed
- Receiving the mortgage advance and any balance from you
- Completion of the purchase
- Post completion arranging the payment of the SDLT or LTT and registration at HM Land Registry.