Commercial Lawyers London
Lewis Nedas has a new Commercial and Litigation Department as part of our aim to offer our clients a more comprehensive all round service.
About The Team
Ian Coupland (Partner and Head of Department)
Ian qualified in 1988 and has over 25 years' experience dealing with all aspects of Business and Commercial Law, Employment, Insolvency and Regulatory Law. He is well known for his Litigation Expertise including heavyweight contractual and commercial disputes, frauds, partnership disputes, professional negligence claims, debt collection claims and property issues.
Ian has acted for many national and international companies and financial institutions. He is well used to obtaining urgent injunctions, especially freezing orders (both in the UK and in other jurisdictions) and he is an authorised supervising solicitor for search and seizure orders. Ian has also lectured extensively to fellow lawyers, surveyors and other organisations on the subjects of Business Lease Renewals, Dilapidations and Remedies for Tenant Default. He is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Ian has an increasing Regulatory practice and is a member of The Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers. His published decisions include: E Williams, S Williams, P Carter and D Maxwell. Law Soc Gazette 27.9.12 ARP non payment. Small fines exceptional circumstances and Harris and Co Law Soc Gazette 4.1.13 Intervention.
Adam Creasey (Solicitor)
Adam has a background in a vast range of subjects, including but not limited to Business and Commercial Law, Civil Litigation, Debt Claims and Employment Law.
Adam is a specialist in dealing with Residential Property issues for Property Owners, Landlords and Tenants.
Where appropriate and necessary Ian and Adam are assisted by other members of the firm and support staff.
What We Do
Below is a brief list of recent and ongoing matters to give a flavour of the types of cases the Department has been dealing with.
- Acting for Company in relation to £600K worth of new Investment
- Acting for Company in relation to issue of new shares and shareholder agreement
- Acting for Company in relation to the Sale of its business
- Acting for Company in Joint Venture and Option Agreement
- Advising Company in relation to Employment documentation
- Advising Company in FCA Application
- Advising Investor in £1m Ponzi Claim
- Representing a firm of Solicitors at the SDT
- Representing a Solicitor who is appealing against an Intervention
- Representing an alleged “Shadow Director” in Company Director Disqualification Proceedings involving over £1m
- Representing a Director who is being investigated by the Liquidator in relation to £100K claim
- Representing Defendant in Personal Injury appeal to Court of Appeal
- Representing Director in a Company Dispute to the value of £500K
- Representing Company in debt claim to recover over £100K of unpaid invoices
- Representing Lender in debt claim to recover £300K loan
- Representing Owner in relation to urgent delivery up of a luxury Sports Car
- Representing Landlord in Accelerated Possession Proceedings
- Representing Landlord in breach of covenant claim in the First Tier Property Tribunal
- Representing Property Owner in relation to Boundary Dispute
- Representing Property Owner in Squatter Proceedings
- Representing Property Sellers against a claim for misrepresentation
- Representing Tenant in relation to Residential Possession Proceedings
- Advising Company in relation to Company Voluntary Arrangement
- Representing Company in Winding Up Proceedings
- Advising Company in relation to Redundancy Procedure and Compromise Agreement
- Representing Employee in relation to breach of Restrictive Covenant Claim
Costs & Charge Out Rates
The Departments costs and charge-out rates vary from matter to matter. It is not unusual for the Department to charge the client a fixed fee to take them to a certain point in a transaction. For instance, in litigation work, we might charge to read the papers, meet with the client and to prepare a letter before claim. We might then request further payments to prepare the claim and issue proceedings at court or deal with any defence; to deal with the collation and disclosure of documents; to prepare witness statements; to instruct counsel, to represent the client at a hearing and so on and so forth. In short, we often find that a commercial approach is necessary in order to achieve transparency and to ensure that the client feels happy in the service we are providing, as it allows us and the client to keep a running eye on costs in the case.
That aside, we do reserve the right to charge at our hourly rates where appropriate. In general, the hourly rate charged will depend on a number of circumstances, including: the type of work, the value of the claim, and the urgency.
Contact our Commercial Litigation Lawyers London
Ian Coupand - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07712 875751
Adam Creasey – Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07739 849198
We can advise on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, from starting the company to bringing its affairs to an end and everything in between. Contact us for advice on:
- Bribery & Corruption Compliance & Investigations
- Business Dispute Resolution
- Business Investigations (Criminal & Regulatory)
- Cartels, Competition & Anti-Trust
- Civil Asset Recovery & Forfeiture
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Finance
- HGV Regulatory Services
- Joint Ventures
- Management Buy-Outs & Buy-Ins
- Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships & Limited Partnerships
- Regulatory, Compliance & Professional Disciplinary Matters
- Restructuring & Re-Organisation including Corporate Recovery & Insolvency
- Sales, Purchases & Mergers/Demergers of Companies & Businesses
- Shareholders Agreements & Shareholders Disputes
- Terms & Conditions
Our Specialist Lawyers
Contact our Business Lawyers in Central London
To speak to one of our solicitors, please telephone us on 02073872032 or complete our online enquiry form.
With offices in Camden and Fleet Street, we represent and advise businesses in Central London, West London, North London and across the UK.