The Service We Deliver
Lewis Nedas Law is a value-driven commercial law firm with a long history of service to the business community.
An Expert Team
Our team is led by a solicitor with considerable experience in all aspects of road transport legislation. The haulage industry is one of the most regulated industries and we have links to experienced external consultants to enable us to provide advice tailored to your particular circumstances.
The core team is also supported by a cross-departmental team of partners and junior lawyers and other departments in the firm including finance, health and safety, environmental law, employment, dispute resolution, criminal law and road traffic law. All members of the combined teams are experienced in working for large and small operators and understand their needs.
A Shared Vision
We aim to build sustainable relationships to our clients to enable us to act as trusted advisors providing focused legal advice, which complies with the law, in line with best practice hich is also tailored to your organisation in particular circumstances.
A Personal Service
We provide a friendly, professional, no-nonsense service. The solicitor leading the team will oversee the handling of your matter, which may include experts from other departments as well as utilising the resources of our external transport management consultants. You will know who is dealing with your matter at all times and we will ensure that we communicate clearly, so that you know what to expect and when to expect it. We will always provide you with quality advice in a timely fashion.
Value for Money
We understand all businesses are under constant pressure to reduce their costs and we aim to provide an expert service at an affordable price and, where possible, will aim to offer you a fixed price.
The Expertise We Offer
We can advise you of all aspects of road transport legislation including:
- Operator and driving licensing
- General regulatory compliance including maintenance systems
- VOSA investigations, requests from VOSA, the Police and the Office of the Traffic Commissioner, Road Traffic Accidents and Collisions
- Road traffic prosecutions
- Road transport prosecutions relating to driver's hours offences and vehicle condition
- Working time directive compliance
- Rights and representation at public inquiry
- Appeals of Public Inquiry decisions with Transport Tribunal
- Employment advice including advice and representation with Employment Tribunal proceedings
Some examples of the recent works we have undertaken include:
- Successfully obtaining a new standard professional licence where the applicant had been a director in an associated company that had been brought back to public inquiry for a significant number of convictions of its drivers and consistent failure to improve its compliance with driver's hours and tachograph records
- Successfully obtaining a standard national licence for an operator despite the operator having previously rented the margin on another operator's licence for a period of 18 years prior to the application
- Represented a company at Public Inquiry into a company's restricted goods vehicles operator's licence with numerous prohibition notices issued, undertaking not fulfilled and the company had gone into liquidation, but avoided a finding of lost repute
- Successfully representing a company called to public enquiry or a significant failing with their transport systems where that company had entered into a CVA
- Successfully representing a transport manager for a PSV operator who had earlier been called to public enquiry on earlier occasions and faced allegations of multiple prohibition notices and an almost complete systemic failure of record establishment for driver's hours regulation. We were successful in preserving the repute of the transport manager and the operating licence of the company, setting out a compliant and effective maintenance system
- Successfully representing the haulage company called at the public inquiry because of 87 breaches of tachograph regulations and the working time directive
- We have had many years of experience in representing both operators as well as individuals in prosecution for the magistrates of the court and the Crown Court in respect to both road transport prosecutions whether they arise from regulatory infringements such as driver's hours, construction and use issues through to serious fatal accidents. We have acted with a full range of experts to assist in providing a first class service
Graham Doughty FCILT, FIMI, MSAE, MIRTE - Consultant, Expert Witness and Trainer, TMC Assist (business partner):
"I would strongly recommend Paul to anyone who has problems that not only are traffic related but also criminal. We have worked closely supporting him at both Criminal and case involving the Traffic Commissioner with great success. His knowledge and ability when dealing with complex transport matters is second to none."