- Jeffrey Lewis, together with Ian Coupland, was instructed by a European company to defend a private fraud prosecution brought by Amazon in this country. Amazon were represented by a National UK law firm. After robust representations made by Jeffrey concerning some basic issues (i.e. jurisdiction), the prosecution was thankfully discontinued.
- Richard Demczak, of our Oxford Office, successfully defended an individual who was acquitted unanimously by a jury at Oxford Crown Court after a two week trial. Richard's client faced 15 counts of historic sexual abuse charges and was acquitted of each charge. A combination of Richard's diligent hard work, addressing every issue of his clients defence (including tracing witnesses, etc.) and the talent of Richard Davies of Counsel (Drystone Chambers), led to our clients acquittal.
- Tony Meisels represented a client who was acquitted on one count of assault by penetration. At the time of this allegation the complainant worked as part of the defendants team in a high tech company in the City. After a night out drinking and taking drugs, she accused our client of digitally penetrating her while she was sleeping. This was strenuously denied by our client who had not touched her and it took a jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court little more than a hour to unanimously acquit our client of this charge. The case was meticulously prepared by Tony Meisels of this firm and at trial the client was represented by Kathy Hirst of 15 New Bridge Street Chambers.
- Siobhain Egan represented a company director investigated for historic sexual abuse. Siobhain made detailed and strong representations to the police authority, including proffering vital defence witnesses, which led to the discontinuance of the investigation.
- Siobhain also separately represented two City professionals:
a) a senior City financier investigated for dishonesty;
b) an accountant who faced accusations of systematic fraud - both investigations were discontinued after she made robust submissions on behalf of the client.
- Our Oxford office is going from strength to strength - they are currently representing individuals facing the following allegations:
a) Large scale Ponzi investment fraud (gold/wine/diamonds);
b) Multi defendant conspiracy (supplying class Drugs) at Teeside Crown Court;
c) Attempted murder; a shooting in the East End of London;
d) Arson with intent; a building belonging to Royal Holloway University);
e) Armed Robbery of Jeweller’s (juvenile defendant raising duress as a defence).
- Paul Mason, a highly experienced and respected Consultant solicitor has been instructed in the following cases:
a) a company director investigated in relation to an allegation of £10 million fraud concerning a leading Football Club;
b) an individual accused of participating in a large scale child abuse conspiracy.
Lewis Nedas are renowned for their pro-active, thorough, diligent preparation and robust defence of their clients. This explains their high acquittal, overall success rates and positive reviews.
Contact Lewis Nedas law leading specialist criminal and fraud defence lawyers on 02073872032 or email us, using our enquiry facility at www.lewisnedas.co.uk.