- Successfully obtained an Admonishment (which is the lowest form of Sanction) for an Osteopath in regulatory proceedings brought by the General Osteopathic Council for failing to have in place Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Successfully acted for a London Property Owner in a Professional Negligence Claim against his former Solicitors who failed to properly comply with the Statutory Leasehold Extension procedural requirements;
- Instruction by our linked Germany Law Firm to act in the Admiralty Court for a Hamburg based Boat Owner in connection with the arrest of his Boat following a dispute over the quality and standard of repairs done to it;
- Instructed by the Directors of a Company to apply for its Restoration following its wrongful Dissolution;
- Acted for the largest Company providing Digital Media on top of Taxis in London in connection with the purchase of further Media Units and Licenses from one of its Competitors.
The below list details the breadth of civil cases and matters that Adam deals with, contact him directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collective Enfranchisement;
- Replacement of Guarantor;
- Sale of Business - £100k;
- Business Dispute;
- Drafting Sub-Contractor Agreements;
- Litigation - Regulatory;
- Civil Litigation - Commercial Contract Dispute - £350k claim;
- Civil Litigation involving a £140k Bentley;
- Accelerated Possession Proceedings;
- Drafting employment contracts
- Lease Variation;
- Family Trust Dispute;
- Employment - Settlement Agreement;
- Landlord and Tenant Dispute;
- Neighbour Dispute/First Tier Property Tribunal;
- Possession Proceedings;
- Employment Tribunal Litigation;
- Civil Litigation - Specific Performance;
- Compulsory Purchase Order Dispute;
- Family Dispute/Contentious Probate;
- Contentious Probate;
- Shareholder Dispute - over £100k;
- Setting Aside Default Judgment;
- Credit Reference Agency Check;
- Debt Claim
Keith was recently instructed to advise and assist the directors of an FCA registered company during a Firm Visit by the FCA. The regulator had a number of concerns about the conduct of certain aspects of the company and during the visit a number of issues were put forward including some very serious breaches of FSMA. At the end of the inspection we negotiated a settlement which involved a temporary restriction on one permission of the firm, rather than a full removal of all permissions which allowed the company to continue to provide services going forward much to the relief of the directors concerned....
Our in house expert in firearms licensing appeals, Laura Saunsbury, successfully negotiated a settlement of yet another appeal last month. Our client, an experienced shooter who had held his firearm and shotgun certificates for many years, sought Laura's help when his certificates were revoked in October 2015 following his arrest over a parking dispute.
In spite of our client being cleared of any wrongdoing in this and a number of other alleged incidents in the past, for a long time the Police continued to contest our client's appeal. The case had been scheduled for a 3 day hearing at Lewes Crown Court in mid October 2016. However, after two preliminary hearings and persistent pressure from Laura on the police to reveal further information about the background to the various allegations and the character of the complainants, the police eventually reconsidered their objections and agreed nearly a year later in September 2016 to reinstate both of our client's certificates.
A retired deputy head teacher in Southern England who had held his firearm and shotgun certificates for more than 50 years, sought the help of our firearms law specialist Laura Saunsbury after the Police revoked his certificates following an unfortunate road accident. With Laura’s help an appeal was lodged and detailed representations were made to the Chief Constable to carefully review the revocation decision. Very soon afterwards our client’s certificates were reinstated by the Police without the appeal ever having to go into court. In writing to express his appreciation he said the following;...